updated 10:10 am EST, Fri March 28, 2003
- Pariahware has released v1.2 of FLaunch, a Mac OS X utility that gives users quick access to files via function keys. Each function key may be assigned up to four applications, documents, or other Finder resource. FLaunch is $5 shareware. A 30-day trial is available. [1.2MB]
- MachineWorks will preview v6.0 of its leading MachineWorks technology at CIMT 2003 in Beijing, China. Version 6.0 brings Full Machine Modeling (FMM) capabilities, where it now features clash detection between all moving solids in the machining environment. MachineWorks technology is the leading CNC simulation and verification toolkit for manufacturing software developers and is designed to be integrated in CAM systems.
- Pedagoguery Software has released Tess 1.52, a $36 Classic Mac application for exploring and creating tessellations and other symmetric artwork. The new version adds new colorspaces (HWB and RGB) to the interactive "Adjust Colors" window. [643KB]
- appMac's sVideo 2.0 is a bundle of 3 applications that allow users to share a webcam or video camera feed over the internet, view up to 10 shared video feeds simultaneously, and create a community of users. The $60 suite of applications runs on Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X; audio support is planned for a future release. [9.9MB]
- Bruno Blondeau has released Watcher'84, an automated web page watcher for Mac OS X. Watcher'84 monitors a list of favorites web pages and notifies the user when something gets updated on one of them. It is perfectly integrated to Mac OS X, is very easy to use, and features smart algorithms to only retrieve relevent content. It is $15 shareware. [287KB]