updated 10:50 am EST, Thu March 27, 2003
- Kanex Group has released new version of its compact MP3 Player: ]
- Solidwave Software is shipping RADicode 1.1, the latest version of its rapid application development tool for Macintosh programmers. It allows programmers to prototype and test application interfaces with REALbasic from REAL Software and then move them directly into PowerPlant from Metrowerks. RADicode 1.1 supports Mach-O PowerPlant targets and REALbasic 4.5 and 5.0; it can generate Mac OS X and Classic icons and multiple document types from REALbasic. A demo of the $150 software is available.
- Smith Micro has released a new version of its WebDNA web application development tools. WebDNA 5.0 introduces XML document parsing and validation, XSLT translation, and XPath Query support, a Web Services Wizard, an IDE 'Lab', WebDNA Language Extensions, an ISP Sandbox and support for WSDL, XML, and XSLT. The Enterprise Edition ($5000) helps workgroups organize and control the development process via its browser-enabled Workgroup Content Management technology. The Developer edition is free, while other licensing option start at $500.
- PhotoKit 1.1 is a photographer's plug-in toolkit with 141 effects that offer accurate digital replications of analog photographic effects. The image enhancements and adjustments can be recorded into an extensive Photoshop Action for increased productivity. The $50 offers effects in categories such as B&W Toning, Burn Tone, Color Balance, Dodge Tone Set, Image Enhancement, Sharpening, and Smoothing.
- Lundstrom Design has updated TouchCAD 3.0, its 3D modeling/CAD program which focuses on the ability to generate complex 3D shapes and converting them into physically buildable models, according to Architosh. The application can be used for a wide range of tasks such as marine design, production of soft material based objects such as tents, blimps, inflatable objects, reversed engineering where copies of existing objects are being recreated, sheet metal objects, industrial and architectural design, sculptures, etc.