updated 12:00 pm EST, Mon March 17, 2003
- JomoSoft's full featured FTP/SFTP client, osXigen 2.01, for Mac OS X is a maintenance release that adds tthe ability to automatically refresh the browser upon job completion, support for ssh-aggents, better support to keep the connections alive using some servers, a new preference to ask/force/skip files that look the same, more toolbar layout buttons, and a new Spanish localization (in addition to English, German, French, and Italian). The Mac OS X-only application ($20) features BBEdit integration, synchronization, firewall suppport, and other advanced features. [1.7MB]
- Fink has released an improved KDE 3.1 with many improvements: "people who have only enabled the stable Tree may now build KDE 3.1 by using fink install," while a full binary installer will be available in 3 weeks, according to representatives. KDE 3.1 features performance improvements, updated audio drivers, support for Apple's X11, reworked Info Files, and other improvements.
- BombSquad 1.1 is shareware game for Mac OS X: "A nimble rip-off of a classic game. BombSquad is shareware, and reasonably priced at $5." Version 1.1 now features an Online Record Book where scores from all registered users are stored. [220KB]
- Mariner Software today announced the second release of Mariner Write 3.1 Public Beta 2, a preview version of its flagship word processing application for Mac OS 9/X. It improves the Microsoft Word document import, adds headers and footers, footnotes and endnotes, as well as table support as well as fixes various bug fixes. [4.7MB]
- Ugly Dockling 1.3 reduces the clutter in the Mac OS X dock by creating a menu reminiscent of the old Favorites menu found in Classic Mac OS. Users can create their own hierarchical menu's by either dragging files, folders and volumes onto the Ugly Dockling icon in the dock or by using the supplied Finder Contextual Menu. It can also directly launch any System Preference pane from the menu, shows Classic status in the dock icon using default or user supplied images and can start/stop classic from the menu. It is a free update to the $10 utility. [5.9MB]
- DVDxDV 0.21, the software which exports the audio/video from iDVD created DVDs, now offers presets for iMovie and Final Cut Pro, making it much easier to export video. In addition, the user interface now has a more sleek looking brushed metal look. [492KB]
- Granted Software released Still Life 2.0.1, its pan and zoom application designed to be used as a companion to iMovie or other video projects. It offers bezier curved pans, shot rotation/spin, alignment and rotation guides, one-click screensaver emulation, OpenGL-accelerated export routines, QuickTime-based export, and other advanced features. The $25 application is $10 off for a limited time. [792KB]