updated 05:40 pm EST, Tue March 11, 2003
- today updated Vintasion and Fattenizer, its digital audio processing plug-ins for use in MAS recording environments. Vintasion 1.1 and Fattenizer 1.1 offer recording musicians and engineers of all skill levels the ability to enhance individual audio tracks and project mixes by adding user tunable vintage style 'coloration' with Vintasion or 'fattening' with Fattenizer via their special algorithmic configurations. The updates contain performance improvements, internal buffer optimization, memory usage reduction, and bug fixes. Pricing is $130 each or $170 for both. [site not updated]
- Antares has released new TDM and RTAS versions of its Auto-Tune 3 pitch-correction software for Mac OS X. These new versions require Pro Tools 6 TDM or LE and OS X. Upgrades from Auto-Tune 3 TDM v3.0.x are $100; upgrading from Auto-Tune TDM (pre-3) is $150. Purchasers of Auto-Tune 3 RTAS after December 1, 2002 are entitled to a free upgrade to Auto-Tune 3 RTAS OS X.
- After four beta releases, the final release of iPod.iTunes 2.0 is now available. iPod.iTunes provides synchronization of tracks and playlists from any iPod to any Mac and can be used to keep multiple Macs in sync, or to restore tracks to a Mac after deletion. Version 2.0 yields significant interface enhancements to conform to Aqua guidelines, in addition to offering usability enhancements and improved functionality, including a signifcant speed increase. [Download - 448KB]
- Apimac English-Italian Dictionary 7.1 is the latest release of the all-in-one dictionary and phrase book, for Mac OS X and Classic. The new version is a minor update that corrects the Mini-Window behavior, making it more intuitive to use. It also includes a variety of code tweaks that improve the reliability of the application. Apimac English-Italian Dictionary is a $25 shareware application (the upgrade is free for registered users). [Download - Classic: E-I, I-E OS X: E-I, I-E]
- Page Sender 3.0 is an update to Smile Software's $30 fax software that adds folders for organization, a fax history, sent fax actions, and a French localization. Page Sender is compatible with Mac OS X only. [Download - English, French]
- Aspyr has released Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault 1.13, a maintenance update to its Macintosh port of the popular World War II game. Details of the update were not released. The update adds support for SMP on dual CPU computers, adds FSAA support, upgrades the sound library to fix a crash and be more compatible with dual CPU computers, and also fixes a problem whereby Macintosh servers were not listed in the GameSpy browser. [Download - 2.5MB]