updated 12:50 pm EST, Tue March 11, 2003
- The Omni Group today released ]
- Unsanity today released Mighty Mouse 1.1, an update to its $10 haxie to create, animate, customize, and share cursors for Mac OS X. It fixes problems with changing resolutions, exports cursor previews, and other bugs. [2.0MB]
- The Mac GPG Project Group has released GPGPreferences 1.2, a preference pane for Mac OS X for editing GnuPG's options file: "It offers easy access to commonly modified settings as well as an expert mode for experienced users. In addition, it fixes various problems with your system's configuration that may prevent the Mac GPG suite of applications from working correctly." Mac GPG is a Mac OS X port of GnuPG, a a free OpenPGP client that can encrypt text and sign text. [GPGPref, MacGPG PG]
- The multilingual word-processor, Mellel 1.5, adds professional-level tables, smart undo, and other small enhancements to the sophisticated word-processing application. It features paragraph/character styles, tables, page styles, footnotes/endnotes, spell-as-you-type, RTF import/export, and other advanced features. It is $20.
- Studio Boss 3.6 is a billing and job tracking application for Mac OS. Studio Boss users can now track their time using a Palm-compatible PDA and create customized reports using the full version of Adobe Acrobat. The project and client tracker is designed for Mac creatives and freelancers: it uses the FileMaker Pro data engine to store, sort, and manage design, video, and photography projects, clients, activities, expenses, and invoices. A Pro ($250) version of the $40 standalone application runs natively in FileMaker Pro (and includes completely unlocked FileMaker 6 source files).