updated 12:55 pm EST, Tue February 25, 2003
- Sig Software has released Analog Helper 1.5.5, its $15 graphical configuration tool for Analog (a free program to analyze the logfiles from your web server). Analog Helper lets you control and preview the results of hundreds of settings. It can also configure Report Magic for advanced HTML reporting. Version 1.5.5 of Analog Helper for Mac OS X adds full support for the command-line versions of Analog and Report Magic and also has several other minor enhancements. [Classic, OSX]
- httpmail plugin 1.7 for Apple's Mail.app application in Mac OS X 10.2 is a plugin that adds support for the httpmail protocol, allowing users to download email from Hotmail. [222KB]
- QuickAccessCM 1.4.3 is a contextual menu plug-in for easy access to frequently used folders, documents and applications. It provides provides several modules, including "Quick Access" (for opening items), "Move To" (lists commonly used folders), and "Copy To" (folders into which you often copy things). The update includes the first version of a new QuickAccessSetup application for managing menu items. [198KB]
- nFinity's QuickVoice 1.7 is a $20 utility that can be used to record and manage Voice notes and messages, send Voice eMail and make Voice Stickies. It offers 10 channels of recording with up to 99 messages per channel and user-selectable sound compression. Version 1.7 features a redesigned Message Manager, playback rate customization (slower/faster/reverse), playback looping, unattended recording, improved Stickies, and other improvements. A limited demo is available. (An older version is available for Mac OS 9.) [Classic, OSX]
- Later this week, Prosoft Engineering will release a major update to Data Rescue--the first in over a year. The update to the industry-standard data recovery utility will bring advanced recovery capabilities and a new, improved user interface. Updates to the $90 utility for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X will be free for all new purchases. A demo (of the currrent version) is available online.