updated 09:35 am EST, Wed February 19, 2003
- Hemera has released a Mac OS X version of its image browser, allowing users to browse and subscribe to thousands of online royalty-free images. The new image collections are targeted at business professionals, offering unlimited access to over 75,000 images. Subscriptions can be purchased for either a one-week ($20) or one-year ($100). Hemera is offering 100 free images to anyone who downloads the client for Mac OS X.
- Mariner today announced the availability of Mariner Write 3.1 Public Beta, a preview version of Mariner's flagship word processor, which can now directly read Microsoft Word Files as well as adds OS X Services support and contextual menu spelling suggestions. A demo of the $70 application is available online; upgrades are $25 for pre v3.0 customers. [pricing corrected] [4.7MB]
- AFBR 5.3 is an update to Publicspace's contextual menu enhancement utility. The $15 shareware allows users to quickly rename multiple files. Version 5.3 introduces the ability to insert text into the file name according to a number of criteria. Other features include seperate file name and extension criteria, automation via droplets, and other improvements. [Classic, OSX]
- TriVectus released betas of four new OpenGL screensaver modules for Mac OS X: TriVectus Clock 1.1b1 (photo-realistic analog clock), TriVectus Gravity 1.1b1 (chaotic, scientifically inspired), TriVectus Planets 1.0b1 (displays and animates various planetary systems), and TriVectus Warp Field 1.0b1 (remake of a classic Warp screen saver). [TC, TG, TP, TW]
- FlightMath 2.1, a shareware utility for performing flight calculations, is designed for leisure pilots and flight simulator fans: "Designed to replace the functionality of the archaic and hard-to-use ASA E-6B Flight Computer, it instantly and easily calculates density altitude, wind correction angles, fuel consumption, and temperature conversion calculations." It can now download surface weather conditions for thousands of airports worldwide. Upgrades to the $10 application are $10.
- HomeRun 1.1 is a $15 shareware home automation program that works with a any CM11A-compatible X-10 controller, allowing users to send commands to attached appliances and devices. It can create a daily schedule of events, assign scripts to incoming X-10 on/off events, and turn individual modules on/off. [500KB]
- SoftCare has updated its K4 Publishing System, a cross-platform collaborative editorial system that integrates Adobe InDesign and Adobe InCopy. Version 4.2 offers support for InDesign 2.0.2 and InCopy 2.0.1 as well as a number of important new features and enhancements, including template management and job assignments for users and user groups. It is available as a free update.
- FileWave today began shipping FileWave Booster, a new application that improves distribution speeds of files and applications on a network by reducing the load of the main FileWave Server and eliminating the need for any third-party server software to support the FileWave Server by distributing files." FileWave Booster XClient 2.0, also updated, improves security while the client is being configured from a remote administrator computer and integrates with FileWave Booster for improved transfer rates. [site not updated]