updated 02:05 pm EST, Wed February 12, 2003
- Granted Software has released ]
- Blackmagic Design today released free upgrades to 10-bit color correction for all standard definition television products. The new software upgrade for Blackmagic DeckLink increases real-time color correction to true 10-bit video quality--which it says is "an industry first for the desktop. True 10 bit color correction increases color accuracy by 4 times, andallows much higher video quality to be color corrected in real time."
- An updated release of the dataComet-Secure VX 10.0.1 terminal emulation application for OS X is now available from databeast, Inc. New features include support for mouse wheel events, a full 16-color background option for VT100/VT220/VT320 sessions, and new security macros which allow dataComet-Secure VX to be configured for Kiosk applications. It also includes improved SSH2 and Shell session security, faster scrollback buffering, better support for automatic reconnects, and improved EMACS key handling. A 30-day demo of the $60 application is available.
- Unsanity has released Mighty Mouse 1.0, a new haxie to create, animate, customize, and share cursors for Mac OS X. With Mighty Mouse, users can animate any of the system cursors (including the Arrow cursor), use cursors of any size, magnify your existing cursors for easier accessibility, download/import cursors made by other users, and create custom cursors. The $10 shareware runs on Mac OS X 10.2 [1.9MB]
- PixelShox Studio 0.91 is an update to the unique, live-video creation tool for Mac OS X with a "revolutionary new approach in 2D/3D animation creation." The node-based animation tool features more than a 100 plug-ins (from basic mathematic operators to live video import), virtually unlimited number of compositions and layers, and the PixelShox 3D Engine, a highly-flexible and extensible plug-in-based OpenGL engine. The free download expires March 15th. [2.7MB]
- Coriolis Technologies has released Wakeup 1.1, a free utility that will wake other machines currently in sleep mode. The utility will remember the name and Ethernet address of your machines and can wake the machine on-demand. [478KB]