updated 01:10 am EST, Wed February 12, 2003
- Aaron Faby's freeware ]
- EOS Image Manager 0.7 is a Cocoa application that enables users to "quickly view, rename (add/remove chars, change case, re-series), and manage (move, copy, and delete) all of their images from a single, elegant interface. With this free, Jaguar-only application users can organize thousands of downloaded images and digital photos in minutes." [209KB]
- beezwax datatools recently released The Hive 1.0, a group meeting and project organizer. The Hive is a FileMaker Pro solution that can quickly plan all scheduling and projects; it offers all date-sensitive and project information in a single one master calendar interface. Pricing starts at $255 for 2 users. [10.9MB]
- FinkCommander 0.5 is a freeware graphical user interface for the Fink software packaging system for Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar-only): "It provides an intuitive front-end to the Fink command-line tools for downloading and installing Unix software." It adds a new package browser for viewing installed files for each package, easy access to a package's .info and .patch files, improved icons, and a sortable flag column (as well as other enhancements). [684KB]
- Macintosh speech middleware vendor CommandSets.com released over 200 commands that voice-enable Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar. The eight command sets are included in a single $20 collection and include support for Address Book, Calculator, iCal, iSync, Preview, QuickTime Player, Stickies, and TextEdit. All Command Sets are designed to work with either Apple's bundled PlainTalk, IBM's ViaVoice, or MacSpeech's iListen 1.5. Each requies Mac OS X.
- DVDCollector helps organize your DVD collection, storing information such as DVD edition, its whereabouts, and other relevant movie info. It integrates with the Mac OS X Address Book to track loaned items. A demo offers unlimited access to all its features for up to 10 DVDs for free; a $15 registration offers support for unlimited DVDs. [734KB]