updated 11:35 am EST, Mon February 10, 2003
- Alessandro Levi Montalcini has released , a final version of his $20 shareware universal USB driver that handles all USB mice, trackballs, joysticks and gamepads from any manufacturer and can configure them either globally or on a per-application basis. It supports wheels, buttons, switches and controls and supports scrolling, keyboard emulation, launching and complex actions as well as clicking, control-click, and other options. [477KB]
- The Fe77 Server Suite bundles several open-source server components, including Apache 2.0.43, Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.18, the mod_webapp connector and Server Manager.app, a desktop client application that can be used to configure server settings. Other modules available at the Website include Apache SSL for secure commerce, an integrated shopping cart system, PHP scripting support, MySQL database software, Jakarta Cocoon XML publishing framework, and a personal web journal software. Pricing starts at $60; Manager.app is free, but is only available on CD.
- Cache Out X 3.1, a free AppleScript Studio application for Mac OS X, clears out the cache entries on your machine, any swapfiles, including the caches in System, Users, and Library directories along with the caches and histories of all the major browsers, including Safari. Maintain Your Cache also a freeware application for OS X that helps cleans up unwanted system caches of programs or just local home caches. [CO, MYC]
- Buena Software today released Dissolve Factory 1.0.1 for After Effects and Final Cut Pro. Dissolve Factory is a plugin which allows users to create new cross dissolves based on various properties of their video clips, such as the luminance, saturation, or colors. A demo of the $40 package is available as a single plugin for Mac OS 9/X and AE/FCP. [758KB]
- cosmicsoft has released starQuiz 2, a utility for giving computerized quizzes to students. Version 2 has the ability to print quizzes, convert quizzes to web pages, and give quizzes in computer labs. Quizzes can include pictures, movies, sounds, web links, and text documents along with several question types. A demo of the $30 utility is available for Mac OS 8/9/X. [Classic, OSX]