updated 03:25 am EST, Mon February 10, 2003
- Readers note that HR&Block has provided an .)
- CommandSets.com released a Command Set for Microsoft Entourage ($15), which has over 120 voice commands that allow users to use many of Entourage's features with simple voice commands. Each set is designed to work with either Apple's PlainTalk, IBM's ViaVoice for Mac OS X, or MacSpeech's iListen 1.5. It also released a $60 bundle of Command Sets for Microsoft Office X, which has over 500 commands for the suite of programs, including MS Entourage.
- Version 4.1 of FUNDimensions fundraising Software adds the ability to locate pledges by their next due date: "This can help you produce reminder letters by conveniently locating pledges with specific, upcoming due dates for payment." The upgrade is free to registered users of the $1830 (sing-user) database application designed for smaller non-profits and schools.
- FinKit 1.2.1 is a multi-function financial calculator that lets you solve problems involving the time value of money. The latest version provides seventeen different calculations, including Effective Rates, Equivalent Rates - Periodic to Annual Rates, Inflation and Taxes, Find Rate, Single Payment, and others. It is available for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. [Classic, OSX]
- IGG Software has released iWork 1.2, an update its time-billing and invoicing application. New features include: a workday drawer for easy management of job event start and stop times, system-wide Hot Keys (for managing timers, emailing of invoices), the ability to create iCal events from job events, improved printing, and other enhancements. The $20 application is available for Mac OS X. [2.3]
- Danicsoft has released Copernicus 1.2.2, a $10 screenshot utility can capture a portion of the screen, an entire screen, or create a QuickTime movie from a selection. Version 1.2.2 can send pictures to a variety of applications and fixes other bugs. It only runs on Mac OS X. [920KB]
- Thoth 1.6 is a $25 shareware usenet newsreader for Mac OS 8/9/X. It features a built-in decoder that handles all the usual encoding methods including yEnc and can view binary posts inline, or in an image window where the picture can be easily magnified or sized to fit the window, or they can be cataloged and then viewed in image windows. [1.6MB]