updated 03:50 pm EST, Tue February 4, 2003
- Prosoft today released for Mac OS X, a software utility tool built for Mac OS X that can recover deleted files and folders, even after the trash is emptied. Data Recycler X, now availabe at its online store, also scans the hard drive(s) to check file system integrity providing an early warning system when hard drive failure seems imminent. The $50 utility provides instant undelete that protects the user from accidental file deletion by protecting the drive space being occupied by deleted files.
- Jan Van Boghout has released DeskShade Plus 1.1, a utility to show/hide the Mac OS X desktop. It adds dual-monitor support, improves the DeskLock functionality (save passwords and away messages), and other new preference. It is $7 shareware. [491KB]
- LittleFish Software today announced WorkSheet Maker 2.3, its educational application that can make problem sheets for students with addition (carrying/no carrying), multiplication, division, decimals, and other math functions. A single user-license is $25, while a site license is $70. [4.0MB]
- equinux today released VPN Tracker, 1.5, which provides better support for major firewall suppliers (notably Watchguard); the ability to use the VPN connection on the gateway machine; and support for local IP addresses. The Mac OS X client allows users to connect to other commercial VPN gateways or software gateways using Linux, Mac OS X or Windows. Pricing starts at $80 for a single connection. [3.1MB]
- Angelo Scicolone's iLink 0.8 is a bookmark manager designed specifically for people who use more than one browser under Mac OS X. The $20 shareware automatically searchs for and imports every bookmarks of any web browser at launch time (for better bookmark syncing). iLink also features a useful floating palette that you can use to simply put your bookmarks on the front or type a URL to be launched in one of your browsers. [1.7MB]