updated 12:25 pm EST, Tue February 4, 2003
- Blackmagic Design's updated DeckLink 2.4b1 software offers real-time color correction, and full compatibility with uncompressed 8- and 10-bit Digital Voodoo format QuickTime files. Version 2.4, a free update, also includes support for capture, playback, and rendering of an increased range of uncompressed QuickTime files. It is designed for use with the company's $1000 DeckLink 10-bit uncompressed video card.
- Kanex today introduced QuickPopup 4.0, a new version of its $15 utility that allows users securely exchange popup messages over corporate, school and home networks without connecting to the Internet. Version 4.0 offers a new message format, a sent messages archive, transparent encryption, clickable URLs, and support for long user names.
- Tri-BACKUP 3.1.6 is an update to the backup utility for Mac OS X, offering support for scheduled and immediate backups as well as synchronizations and restorations. It now correctly saves folder presentation settings and fixes a few bugs. A trial of the $50 utility is available online. [1.8MB]
- LassoFusebox.org today released its free, open-source Fusebox Framework and Development Methodology for Lasso Professional 6. Fusebox is a widely web application framework with versions for Coldfusion, PHP, ASP and now Lasso Professional 6. It supports advanced features such as inheritance, drag and drop components, and fusedocs - a javadoc style of commenting code.
- Totwise 1.1 is an update to the youth program management software, adding data import, printed reports, new administrative preferences, immunization tracking, and support for international currencies. The youth management program offers functions for billing, kid information, staff information, encrollment, operations management, and multiple users. It is free for up for programs with up to 100 kids and $1000 plus $1 per kid for larger programs. It runs on Mac OS 8/9/X. [11.7MB]
- El Gato's EyeTV 1.1.2, which only works under Jaguar, fixes an audio synchronization problems when re-editing a compacted recording and an error -2014 when playing back some recordings. The software is designed to work with the company's Eye TV Digital Video Recorder, which can find/track/save television programming (as well as pause and skip commercials). [5.9MB]