updated 05:20 pm EST, Tue January 21, 2003
- moEnvelopes 0.4 uses the groups from AddressBook from Mac OS X 10.2 to print envelopes, offering the ability to customize the fonts, graphics, or envelope size. [492KB]
- Easypress has released Atomik Roundtrip 1.0, its software solution that brings "single-source" XML publishing to QuarkXPress users. It offers full, bi-directional XML support and allows publisher to integrate QuarkXpress into XML workflows. A single-user license is $4,500, while a 5-user license is $13,500. A demo is available.
- Digital Voodoo today announced that Version 3.0 of its Media Transfer software with support for Mac OS X as wel as both NTSC and PAL formats and an option to export to DV. The capture and print application has RS422 for remote deck control, enbling users to capture sequences or individual frames, pause, forward, rewind, stop, pre-roll and eject. It is now shipping with all SD Digital Voodoo Macintosh video cards and is available as a free upgrade for registered customers.
- Apple Safari AppleScripts 1.0 contains a pack of pre-written AppleScripts for importing photos into iPhoto, "Page-scrubbing" web pages, display thumb-linked images, create a phone list, full screen window display, and side-by-side window display.
- Minolta late last month released updated Mac OS X scanner drivers for at least some of its film scanners: "Specifically I've got a Minolta DiMAGE Scan Multi that now works under Mac OS X, either as a Plug-in in PhotoShop, or using the separate Mac OS X version of the DiMAGE Scan Utility software. After I'd downloaded and installed it, it even accepted my serial number from the earlier DiMAGE Scan Multi 2 software to enable the Digital ROC and GEM software."
- NewTek today posted a second edition of NewTek's Texture Collection, which includes fifty free high-resolution textures. Subjects covered in the second set of textures include Wood, Metal, Sky, Nature, and Stone. All textures are unretouched photographic images at 1600x1200 pixel resolution and offered as JPEG files.