updated 02:25 am EST, Tue January 21, 2003
- Apple's ]
- Austin-Soft's DTerm 3.1 is a developer utility that provides an external tool to display and capture diagnostic information. The new version fixes several problems, improves the monitor application's interface, and adds more session window settings and other enhancements. The $64 application runs on both Mac OS 9/X; upgrades are free. [1.0MB]
- Simon Extreme is a "reinterpretation of the classic 1978 Milton Bradley game Simon, complete with authentic gameplay and sound samples from the original game. Simon Extreme features Mac OS X Aqua-inspired graphics, alternate sound sets (Metal, Trip Hop, and Windchimes), and local as well as internet high scores. The freeware is for Mac OS X only. [2.7MB]
- Netopia's Timbuktu Pro 6.03 fixes an issue with the Host Relauncher, adds a new preference to limit the color depth your computer when hosting a screen-sharing session and has other fixes. The collaboration software package allows users to control/view other Macs, exchange files, and chat with others via online messaging or voice communication. Pricing starts at $95.
- Safari Toolkit 1.3 remove underlines from hyperlinks, changes the browser interface, and activates hidden features in Apple's Safari browser. It now includes an uninstaller. Scifience Studios also released The Metal-less Sync 1.0, which removes the brushed metal interface from iSync and replaces it with an Aqua one. [ST, TMLS]
- Nick Zitzmann's SafariCookieCutter 1.0 is a simple cookie editor for Safari, allowing users to add cookies to Safari's cookie database, edit existing cookies, and delete cookies: "[it] is useful for increasing the life of existing cookies, and manually importing your cookies into Safari from another browser." [54KB]