updated 10:50 am EST, Mon January 13, 2003
Apple has formally acknowledged a [released Friday]." The bug may cause problems launching Classic, printing errors, Software Update errors, Personal File Sharing problems, and issues when burning CDs or DVDs.
- Safari Enhancer 1.1 brings compatibility with FullScreenSafari.ape. It enables a debugging menu that offers keyboard and mouse shortcuts, browser identification, Security options, and the ability to specifiy a minimum font size, as well as allowing you to turn off underlines on links and handling direct bookmark importing from Netscape, Internet Explorer, Chimera, Mozilla, OmniWeb, and iCab. [744KB]
- FullScreenSafari.ape is an APE module that prevents windows in Safari from cascading, allowing you to more easily use the browser fullscreen. It requires the freeware Application Enhancer. [FSSA, APE]
- Waterfall Software's SafariMasks edits the navigation buttons in Safari, offering a number of built-in themes. It is $10 shareware. [4.3MB]
- Metallifizer 1.2 will enable or disable brushed metal appearance on selected Cocoa applications under Mac OS X 10.2 (this includes Safari , Address Book, iChat, Calculator and others, but not iTunes and QuickTime Player, as latter are Carbon applications). It also requires APE. [321KB]
- The Visual Hebrew Enabler for Safari offers a patched version of the WebCore framework for better compatibility with sites using "visual" Hebrew (reverse script display) and better compatibility when trying to submit a form from a Hebrew page. [961KB]