updated 10:25 am EST, Mon January 13, 2003
- Jim Burton's ]
- Easy Grade Pro 3.6 for OS X is now available directly from Orbis Software. It "allows you to create an electronic gradebook which, like a paper gradebook, can store student, assignment, score and attendance data on all of your classes and subjects." Single-user licenses are $50, while site licenses are $250. [2.1MB]
- DEVONtechnologies has updated its freeware tools, AntiWordService 1.02 (adds ability to open MS Word docs), CalcService 2.7.1 (adds calculation submenu) and WordService 2.4 (32 different text functions), and added BlueService to the DEVONservicepack: BlueService can send selected plain or rich text to BlueTooth compliant devices such as PDAs or mobile phones directly from all Services-aware Cocoa or Carbon applications. Blue Service 1.1 uses OBEX Object Push or OBEX File Transfer to support as many different BlueTooth devices as possible. All require Mac OS X. [AWS, BS, CS, WS]
- iLink 0.6 is a bookmark manager designed "specifically for people who use more than one browser. [It] automatically searchs for and imports every bookmarks of any web browser at every startup or refresh." It offer bookmark organization and the ability to control-click URLs to open a contextual menu that will allow you to launch it in a specific browser. It is $20 shareware for Mac OS X only. [1.2MB]
- Aquafold has released Aqua Data Studio 1.5, a free Java-based SQL editor and developer tool that allows developers to easily create, edit, and execute SQL scripts, as well as browse database structures. It includes a sophisticated Query Analyzer allows users to work on database scripts with specific RDBMS syntax highlighting and auto-completion to develop and test scripts as well as HTML and XML export. [4.8MB]
- Juggy Software's Ridge 2.08 can meter and restrict the amount of data your Macs upload and download from the Internet. The $10 shareware can provide alerts and also offers a graphical interface to help you meter traffic on your machine. [408KB]
- Version 2.1.1 of 24U's Email OSAX scripting addition ($13) enables you to send e-mails directly from AppleScripts. It adds better support for SMTP authentication and improved compatibility with some SMTP servers. OSAX also offers support for multiple recipients in all the To, Cc and Bcc fields.