updated 02:40 pm EST, Fri January 10, 2003
- Gordon Byrnes has posted ]
- Gestures allows users to associate actions with either hot keys (key combinations), mouse movements or both: "Actions are useful shortcuts for common operations such as opening a document, performing an Apple Script, iTunes commands or key combination." The $20 application runs on Mac OS X. [720KB]
- Macweb (Expo booth 3361) is previewing its Internet Application Server middleware on Mac OS X at this week's iApp Server for FileMaker is an Apache module and WebSTAR V plug-in that enables FileMaker Pro developers to quickly and easily build fast, dynamic, and interactive online database applications.
- Colloquy 1.0 is a freeware IRC Client offering an "elegant" multi-window interface, multiple servers for extreme multi-tasking, nickServ support for automatic identification from your keychain, "revolutionary" auto-actions for more natural conversations, including background colors as well as drag-and-drop DCC file transfer (including resume) and message highlighting. The source code is due soon. [1.1MB]
- Totwise 1.01 is an update to the youth program management software designed primarily for preschools and day care centers. This maintenance update fixes a few small bugs and includes minor performance enhancements. It runs on Mac OS 8/9/X. It is free for managing 100 kids or less and $1000 (plus $1 per student) for others.