updated 08:30 pm EST, Mon January 6, 2003
- Strange Flavour has released an updated public beta version of , its online game for the Mac. The latest version addresses a number of bugs, improves the KidChat mode, and allows player "swapping" without unexpected results. [Site unavailable at time of publication]
- Monkeybread has released version 3.0 of its REALbasic Plugin Collection. It now includes support for Mac OS X Address Book integration, spell checking and disc authoring. The plug-in adds approximately 3450 functions, methods and classes to REALbasic. Pricing is $80 for commercial use and $40 for shareware, freeware and private use. [Download list]
- MacFamilyTree 3.3.5 is a maintenance update to the $25 geneology software for Mac OS 9/X that adds an improved 'heritage chart,' fixes several translation errors, and offers more robust 'Gedcom' foreign file compatibility. It available in eight languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Swedish, Italian, Danish and Norwegian. [1.5MB]
- Xnet today added Rendezvous technology as well as automatic updates, local file copies, offline browsing, improved downloads, and other enhancements to its Captain FTP ftp client ($25 shareware). Xnet also introduced its new Crocodile Server as the first Rendezvous-enabled FTP Server for Windows.
- Last week, we noted that Freeverse Software had announced eight new free online virtual board games for the Macintosh. Today, the games became available for download.