updated 09:30 am EST, Mon January 6, 2003
- Pixologic has released a demo of ZBrush 1.55, which includes "ground-breaking" ZSphere 3D modeling, new painting and sculpting tools, enriched texturing features, and lighting and rendering options such as global-illumination shadows. The $400 application offers 2D and 3D tools and functions, including 2D/3D painting, texturing and sculpting.
- Budget 3.3 brings QIF file import, a long term planner, currency conversion, a redesigned Preferences window, and a new localization for British English to the $30 shareware personal finance tool for Mac OS X that can also track a stock portfolio, help balance a checkbook and print checks on any printer. It is a free update and the company is offering $5 off during January. [1.9MB]
- Omicron Software Systems has released an updated version of ToDo X 1.1, a simple, dedicated to-do list application written for Mac OS X. The update provides additional printing options and dock menu capabilities, as well as a number of user interface improvements, convenience features and bug fixes. The $15 shareware supports multiple to-do lists and allows a to-do item to appear in more than one list. [142KB]
- The BDXmlRpcForWO framework 1.0 is an open-source framework that lets WebObjects developers using build flexible XML-RPC web services quickly and easily: "Applications can expose their functionality to other applications on a network through standard interfaces, enabling them to work together easily. [It] builds on the power of the WebObjects application server by intercepting incoming XML-RPC requests and passing them to handlers registered with the framework."
- Koingo Software's Password Retriever 4.1 brings ability to rename individual fields for services and support for batch printing to the $12 shareware password storage utility for Mac OS 8/9/X that features encryption support. [965KB]