updated 08:30 am EST, Mon January 6, 2003
- is a maintenance update to Proteron's $15 shareware Mac OS X keyboard application switcher. It offers better compatibility with Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) and improves support for non-standard keyboard layouts and non-Roman script languages. It is also available in a bundle with MaxMenus for $30. [517KB]
- Vega Strike 0.3, the popular open-source space sim has finally been ported to Mac OS X: "This is one of the most complete and beautiful flight sims ever created with features ranging from a full score to a plot and storyline that a player can discover after battling foes and cruising through space and making money off of trade routes and missions." [90.8MB]
- Version 4.0.0b2 of MultiMode OSX adds AppleScript support to the application which allows your Macintosh to decode and transmit several different modes of non-voice communication often heard on shortwave and ham radio. It allows you to decode and display morse code, RTTY, FAX, SSTV, ACARS, PSK31, and many other modes on your Mac, without any extra hardware. [784KB]
- IP*Works! v5 for Mac OS X is a special version of IP*Works! built for native Mac OS X development. This release provides developers with more then 30 components that facilitate integration of Internet functionality within native Mac OS X applications. It provides "easy-to-use programmable components that facilitate tasks such as sending email, transferring files, browsing the web, consuming web services, parsing XML documents, etc."
- McWare has released McSerialnumber v2.0 ($15 shareware) for Mac OS 9.x and Mac OS X, which offers a registration database solution and a development tool to create individual Soft-Dongle-Type-Libraries that can be integrated into any new and existing development software project. Version 2.0 features a new interface as well as new and improved Product- and Soft-Dongle-Master-Code management.
- Pariahware's ChimeX 1.2 brings back the Classic hourly chime functionality of the Mac OS X. It can speak the time, play an MP3, AIFF, MIDI, or WAV sound, or play your computer's standard alert sound on the hour, on the half, and on the quarter hour. Version 1.2 can now randomly play a song/sound from a specific folder. The $5 shareware runs on Mac OS X. [1.0MB]
- Gracion Software has released ClickMail Central Directory 1.2, an LDAP directory server for Mac OS that sets up a central email address book that a group of users can access from within their own email programs. The new version improves compatibility of the web admin feature with current browsers, and supports web admin when hosted on OS X (in Classic). The $250 application runs on Mac OS 8/9 or under Classic in Mac OS X. [2.2MB]
- Sonny Software's Bookends 7.5 is a Mac-only full-featured bibliography/reference and information management system for professionals and students. Version 7.5 adds the ability to create and manage reference groups, customize the reference window listing, faster text entry under Mac OS X, support for Mac OS X Services, BibTeX key generation and export, new reference types, and other enhancements. It is $100 with a $30 discount for students and $20 discount for competitive upgrades. Upgrades are $30.