updated 08:25 am EST, Thu January 2, 2003
- Bellas Music Studio today released Mac OS X versions of its music tools software: ($100), GuitarTuner 1.0 and StudioLog 1.0 ($20). Each title features an Aqua user interface and runs under Mac OS X 10.2 or higher.
- Whamb 1.1 is $13 skinnable digital audio player for MP3 and OggVorbis files. The Mac OS X-only shareware adds rendezvous playlists/songs sharing and supports playback of Audio CDs with CDDB tracks names. [2.1MB]
- Sapphire Innovations has released Andrew's Vector Plugins 8: Symbol Paint, a symbol hose plugin for Adobe Illustrator, offering support for spray paint, brush stroke, scatter symbols. The new symbol brush tool offers different options and paint styles, including custom-symbols. The $13 package works with Mac OS X and Illustrator 10. [97KB]
- The Essential Wedding Planner CDROM features a "simple, easy-to-use interface that allows users to keep track of expenses — including deposits, balances due and total expenses — as well as dates, guests, vendors and seating charts." It also includes multimedia presentations from Colorado wedding vendors in 10 different categories. The $10 software is available online for both Mac OS 8/9 and Mac OS X, while the CD-ROM is available for free at many outlets in the Denver Metro area.
- even-t 1.1 is a calendar tool that can manage, view and organize calendar entries. The $50 application for Mac OS X can create events, integrates with Mac OS X 10.2 address book, can link events to specific files, browse entries in list mode, export calendars using XML, and has other features. [960KB]
- Brickles3000 v2.02 is completely customizable, colorful, "soundful" version of the classic ball and paddle game. Brickles features adjustable colors and patterns, adjustable ball and paddle sizes, adjustable speed and window sizes. The $25 game title runs on Mac OS X. [573KB]
- Black Cat Systems has released Atomic Mac 5.6.2, a periodic table of the elements and nuclear database for the Macintosh. The latest version adds gamma ray energies for radioactive elements, in addition to the already existing alpha and beta ray energies. The $25 shareware runs on both Mac OS 8/9 and Mac OS X. [Classic, OSX]