updated 11:05 am EST, Tue December 31, 2002
- Jason Suitts has released a preview version of ]
- GeekTool 1.0 is a Preference module for Mac OS X 10.2: "Once installed, you can then show log files or even unix commands output on your desktop with a nice transparent background." [223KB]
- GTK+OSX has released a native Mac Aqua port of the Linux-based GTK+ open source graphical user interface library. GTK+ 0.1, an alpha release fo developers, (GIMP Toolkit), is a popular widget library supporting graphical applications for Linux: "It is based on the abandoned mac-gtk project, a Mac OS 9 effort that has laid dormant since 2000. Unlike the GTK-Quartz attempt, GTK+OSX is Carbon-based and does not use Objective C." [927KB]
- Braided Matrix has released 4th Quarter 7.1, an update to its 4D-based accounting solution for mid-sized businesses, adding support for Canadian Value Added Tax (VAT) systems, to be used in conjunction with 4Q's extensive multiple currency system. It also extends inventory management to multiple warehouses. 4Q provides a comprehensive system in which businesses can modify their operations without having to revise their accounting system.
- Emagic's Audiowerk 8 and Audiowerk 2 now run in Mac OS X 10.2 using a new Core Audio driver, which allows these two PCI-recording cards to operate at a minimum latency of 1.5 ms. The EMI Driver Version 2.1 requires Mac OS X 10.2.2. [851KB]
- Checkbook 1.03 is an update to the Mac OS X-only account management application. It features a single-window interface, color-coded transactions, sorting, searches, password-protection, and both auto-save and printing functions. It is $10. [542KB]