updated 04:05 pm EST, Thu December 19, 2002
- Blue World today released on Mac OS X: "Lasso Studio transforms leading Web site editors into robust environments for building Lasso-based data-driven Web sites. Designed for entry-level Web designers to intermediate Web developers, [it] provides a complete authoring environment which dramatically eases the process of building data-driven Web sites." Upgrades to the $350 application are $200. (Blue World yesterday also released a Lasso 6.01 updater.)
- Casady & Greene has released iData Pro 1.05 for Mac OS 8.6/9, its powerful database that tracks virtually any type of information in one central place. It adds AppleScript support, as well as improved performance to the $40 update that organize data into free form fields. It offers functions for searching, printing envelopes/labels, and archive emails from popular email clients. (A Mac OS X version was released a few weeks ago.)
- The spaceflight simulation A-OK! The Wings of Mercury 3.0.2 includes improvements in cloud rendering and reduce mission start up time by 95%. The Mac OS X version also now supports 3D HID-compatible joysticks. It is priced at $60 and $30 for an upgrade from 2.x.
- The PandaWare Company has released a free update that adds new features and improvements, and fixes bugs to its $50 time and expense billing application: TimeCache 5.0.10 adds a "Remote" control window that gives users access to TimeCache from all other applications and a pulsing Dock icon when timing (Mac OS X version only). [Classic, OSX]
- Tri-BACKUP 3.15 offers several backup options for Mac OS X users, including immediate and scheduled backups, synchronizations, and restorations. It now adds checks for space constraints, has new dock-only option when run in the background, can skip specific files/folders during a backup, and has other cosmetic changes. Upgrades to the $50 application are $30. It runs on Mac OS X 8/9/X. [1.8MB]