updated 12:50 pm EST, Thu December 5, 2002
- JAW software's ]
- ARTIS today released its Screen Tools 1.0 for Mac OS X. The ARTIS Screen Tools is a $10 shareware collection of 3 utilities, including a Screen Ruler (for measurements in pixels, inches, and centimeters), Small Screen ("to evaluate your design on smaller screen sizes"), and Screen Lupe (displays a magnified view and can measure pixel colors). [198KB]
- Runtime Labs today released MacSQL 2.5.3, an update to its database management application. It adds the ability to import files larger than 2GB along with AppleScript recordability for Imports. The update also allows execution of anonymous PL/SQL blocks while communicating with Oracle. A lite version is $100, while a full version is $250. [3.8MB]
- Microscope 1.1 is a Mac OS X freeware application written specifically for the Intel Play and Digital Blue QX3/QX3+ USB Computer Microscope. It allows you to capture images as JPEG or TIFF, create time-lapse QuickTime movies, and add a text comment and/or time stamp to the image or movie. [680KB]
- Pipemare is a new 2D pipe building puzzle game: "The idea in Pipemare is to build a pipe that will allow water to flow from the IN pipe on the screen to the OUT pipe. You have various pipe pieces available at the bottom of the screen from which you can build this pipe." The $15 shareware is available for Mac OS X. [451KB]
- Infinisy today released the third free data set service for users of Change My image, a $15 hair simulation program for the Macintosh. The data can be used by registered users of Change My image, and consists of 12 new hairstyles as well as a new graphic interface.