updated 11:55 am EST, Tue December 3, 2002
- counsell.net has released ]
- St. Clair Software's Default Folder X 1.6.4 is an update to its popular utility for enhancing Open/Save dialogs in Mac OS X. It adds a menu to the Dock for quick access to folders, includes the ability to exclude Default Folder X from certain applications, and delivers significant improvements in reliability and performance. [2.6MB]
- QuickPopup 3.1b is a public beta of the application that allows users to exchange popup messages over corporate, school and home networks without connecting to the Internet. It now keeps a message archive, transparent message encryption, clickable URL, and long user name support. Pricing starts at $15 per copy with substantial discounts for site licenses and education institutions.
- PigMoney 1.0 is a new expense-tracking application for Mac OS X featuring auto-complete and auto-repeat functions as well as a dynamic search field and transaction filters. It can import data from other applications (including databases, spreadsheets and other financial apps) using tab delimited text. Data can be exported to tab delimited text as well as to Quicken (TM) QIF format. The $13 shareware (introductory offer) is available for Mac OS X 10.2. [267KB]
- Xupport 1.2.1 adds an option to activate "File System Journaling" in Mac OS X 10.2.2 in the $20 shareware system utility that can configure many "hidden" Mac OS X options, including system/network optimizations, bootable backups, firewall configuration, and system service changes. [318KB]
- 24U Commenter 1.0 is a $10 COM plug-in for Metrowerks CodeWarrior that allows you to comment out or uncomment the current selections much faster by adding an "Un/Comment Selection" as a new menu item to the Edit Menu as well as a configurable keyboard shortcut. [49KB]
- The $60 email tool sMailing 4.5.2 brings a better SMTP engine, better performance, Base64 and MD5 authentification support, improved logging, new import functions, and other bug fixes. It is available in English, French, and Spanish. [4.5]