updated 09:20 am EST, Wed November 27, 2002
- Michael Kamprath's ]
- Native Instruments is now shipping Absynth Sounds Vol. 1-Sonic Expansion, a $50 collection of 256 sounds, including evolving soundscapes, evocative pads, authentic marimbas and vibes, robotic sequences, punchy loops, organic basses, and accurate synths. Each patch has been created to take full advantage of ABSYNTH's multiple synthesis techniques as well as its modulation and performance capabilities.
- Scott Kevill today released GameRanger 3.1, an update to its online gaming service for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. It brings changes to the game view to simplify and eliminate the hierarchy and offers better support for Soldier of Fortune II, unofficial Carbon MacGLQuake and MacGLQuakeWorld, and unofficial Fruitz of Dojo Quake, QuakeWorld, and Quake II, as well as customizable View Options for Game List, Buddy List and User List. [182KB]
- Peter Ammon has released JPEGDeux 1.7b, an update to the open-source image slideshow viewer for Mac OS X; it now stores file references in aliases instead of paths and adds support for displaying images from the web, JPEG comments, and transitions. (Preference files and Slideshows created with JPEGDeux 1.7 will not be backwards compatible with earlier versions.) [192KB]
- MacBreakZ! 3.4 adds new features to the $25 application described as a "personal ergonomic assistant which monitors keyboard and mouse activity and helps computer users structure their computer use in a healthy manner, preventing computer-related injuries from developing." [Classic, OSX]
- Burning Monkey Puzzle Lab 2.0 is a $20 puzzle game that "challenges players to match sinking colors and shapes either alone or against an opponent. The software features two puzzling games. Color Reaction challenges users to match colored parts of shapes. Hex bonding is a simpler row-building game, with hexagonally linked shapes." It includes solo, 2-player, and Internet modes as well as a Mission mode (goal-oriented game) as well a Zen mode. [26MB]