updated 11:45 pm EST, Mon November 25, 2002
- Microtek has released a public beta of its scanner driver software for Mac OS X. The new software supports its ScanMaker 4800, 4850, 4900 and 8700 models.
- iPod2iTunes 1.8 offers faster play list synchronization, better corruption protection, and several bug fixes. iPod2iTunes from crispSofties provides synchronization of tracks and playlists from an iPod to any number of Macs. [Download - 256KB]
- Mark-O-Matic for Adobe InDesign is a new application that automates the creation of InDesign documents based on mechanical specifications. It can create marks and guides for an ads live, trim, and bleed areas, and it can create dimension marks on separate layers. Mark-O-Matic is compatible with Mac OS 9 and OS X. [Download - 1.2MB]
- Roni Music's "Amazing Slow Downer" is an application that allows musicians and audiophiles to slow down music, without altering its pitch. The utility does not require users to copy the music to their hard drives first, but rather can slow down audio in real-time, directly from a CD. It is currently only available for Mac OS 9. [Download - 257KB]
- BlueService 1.1 is a maintenance update to the Mac OS X 'service' that allows Cocoa and certain Carbon applications to send rich text to BlueTooth devices that support OBEX Object Push or OBEX File Transfer. Version 1.1 has no text size limitation, uses packet sizes that are more compatible and has a connection timeout of 60 seconds. [Download - 257KB]