updated 05:50 pm EST, Mon November 18, 2002
- Code Line has posted Art Directors Toolkit 3.1, a free update to its Web and print design application. It adds a new interface, better compatibility with non-US English keyboards, improved international support for number entry and display, improved stability for Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar), and a 'Page Size' utility to find measurements of standard document sizes. Upgrades to the $40 utility are $20; a 15-use demo is available. [Classic, OSX]
- The Omni Group has updated OmniOutliner 2.1.1, its outlining and organizational tool that now includes OPML importing and exporting, French and Japanese localizations, and improved responsiveness. The $30 utility is available for Mac OS X only. [1.8MB]
- BK Task Timer 2.0 (formerly BK Project Timer) has a new database backend, support for MySQL database servers, the ability to assign tasks to specific projects, support for multiple users, the ability to export contacts to MS Excel, a new report engine, and other enhancements. The $15 shareware timer helps users track of time spent on projects and the tasks associated with those projects. [Classic, OSX]
- Brian Dunning's free Function Junction is a simple and fun tool for graphically plotting two-dimensional mathematical functions in FileMaker Pro. It uses common FileMaker calculations. [13KB]
- Native Instruments today introduced Absynth Sounds Volume 1, a collection of 256 sounds, including evolving soundscapes, evocative pads, authentic marimbas and vibes, etc. The patches leverage Absynth's multiple synthesis techniques as well as its modulation and performance capabilities. It is due at the end of November for $50.