updated 05:50 pm EST, Wed November 13, 2002
- Update: Apple has released Backup 1.2.1 via the Software Update application in Mac OS X. New features since v1.0 include Disc spanning, scanning performance improvements, a combined CD/DVD mode, updated iTunes and iCal 'QuickPicks,' a better log file and support for larger 'recordable' CDs (such as 700MB). Version 1.2.1 also sports a 'metal' UI design.
- for Mac has reached the beta development stage, according to Aspyr Media.
- Developer Erkki Halkka has released the final version of Eki's PlugPak 2.0 ($50) for LightWave. New features in version 2.0 include SeaGen -- the highlight of the release -- which is a script for creating oceans. The update also includes 'Scenes,' which is a new script for previewing WIP models in a pre-made, lit scene. [Web site unavailable]
- Centromedia has announced the availability of Address Office 3.5 for Mac OS 9/X. Address Office is a free PIM (Personal Information Manager) that stores basic contact information such as phone numbers and addresses, in addition to email addresses, relevant URLs, and IM handles.[Classic, OS X]
- Events 1.5 Beta 3 is an update to the calendar Web site creation tool. Version 1.5 runs natively under Mac OS X (as well as supporting Classic versions of the Mac OS with the latest CarbonLib from Apple installed). iEvents generates HTML Web pages files that can then be uploaded to any Internet server. [981KB]