updated 01:40 pm EST, Fri November 8, 2002
- has announced Nortel Multi-OS Contivity VPN Client 2.0. The utility for secure wired and wireless networks supports Mac OS 9 (Mac OS X support in December), Windows, Linux and HP-UX. The update incorporates support for LZS compression, support for Solaris 64-bit operating systems and Dynamic NAT traversal.
- iOrganize 4.3 is a Notepad alternative for Mac OS X. It now features web links by command-clicking for both URLs and email addresses, new preference options and an improved database engine. [1.7MB]
- QuickASCII 1.0.3 is a console-based movie player and picture viewer for Mac OS X that is powered by Quicktime. It now features the ability to increase window size by up to 2.25, improved framerate with GLTerm and inverting the luminence of the movie. [20KB]
- Data Coder 1.0 is a free software development tool for Mac OS X. It can convert between a variety of data formats, including UTF-8 text, UTF-16 text, hex-encoded text or base-64. [44KB]
- Panic has updated its popular Mac OS X FTP client, Transmit 2.1. The update adds an "Edit in BBEdit" feature, fixes a problem with passwords being visible as plain text, adds French localizations and improves AppleScript support. The price is $25, or $17 to upgrade from Transmit 1. [568KB]