updated 11:40 am EST, Mon October 28, 2002
- WooF 1.01 is a JDBC plugin for WebObjects that allows it to dynamically access information stored in FileMaker Pro. In addition to basic insert/edit/delete operations, WooF supports FM calculations, all FM data types, specific layout within FM, FM value lists, and other features.
- The BoardRoom 2.1 provides an instant messaging environment within FileMaker, allowing up to 250 users to interact simultaneously. Users can send, receive, broadcast, edit, and retrieve old messages. It provides audio and visual notification of incoming messages, quoted text in replies, automated time stamping of all deliveries and receipts, and broadcast messaging. [261KB]
- BetterCalc 4.2 has improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.2, adds support for services, includes scientific functions as well as logarithms and trig functions, and other enhancements. The $8 application is designed to solve complex mathematical expressions, allows expressions to contain comments, and features a panel which allows for the defining and redefining of numerical or expression variables. [1.3MB]
- Alexandre Aybes has released SearchBar 1.0, a free utility that will allow you to quickly perform searches in any of 26 popular search engines, such as Google, Apple Developer Documentation, CNN, and the Internet Movie DataBase. The floating palette is controlled by a Hotkey and will display the results in your browser. [483KB]
- Simon Kornblith's EntourageGPG 1.3b3 includes support for PGP/MIME, allowing users to encrypt or sign attachments (with a few limitations). The free package provides a front end for GPG, an OpenPGP-compatible free public key encryption tool, within Microsoft Entourage. (Requires GNU Privacy Guard). [E-GPG, GNU-PG]