updated 11:15 am EDT, Tue October 22, 2002
- Microscope 1.0 is a "freeware application written specifically for the USB Intel Play QX3 Computer Microscope. The software allows you to capture images as jpeg or tiff, create time elasped QuickTime movies, and add a text comment and/or timestamp to the image or movie." [431KB]
- Apple's iPod 1.2.2 for Windows adds "significant enhancements and new features to iPod," including audio playback and user interface enhancements, the ability to browser music by additional categories, a new calendar, a clock, a battery icon, FireWire connection feedback, and compliance with EN 50332-1. [12.6MB]
- Doug's AppleScripts has released Make Mine MPEG-4 v3.5, an AppleScript applet that automates the process of importing CD Tracks and encoding them as MPEG-4 files using QuickTime 6 Pro. The tracks are then added to your iTunes Library. It now includes the ability to selectively "rip" tracks, a new option to leave tracks in the Library or copy to a new or existing Playlist, and other options. [113KB]
- Media 100 has posted an Media 100i v8.02 installer, which resolves several issues in the high-end video production software [19.7MB]
- Epson has posted its Twain Plugin for Photoshop 7 and its Scan to File Utility v1.00E for its Perfection 1250/1260 PHOTO scanners. [TPP, STFTU]
- SkyRocket Multimedia has posted Cemetery Screen Saver, an OS X screensaver for Halloween: "A spooky graveyard is haunted by a bevy of scary creatures that rise from the grave." The $5 registration code includes 3 bonus monsters.