updated 12:30 pm EDT, Tue October 8, 2002
The afternoon application and utility roundup includes a demo of PRO-53 from NI, metaobject's PdfCompress 2.0, Praeco 1.5, iDress 1.1, and Emailchemy 1.1:
- NI has posted a demo of PRO-53, its recently updated $200 virtual analog synth with new oscillator technology, high-pass filter mode and an invertible filter envelope as well as a reworked control surface.
- metaobject today released PdfCompress 2.0, an update to its $25 PDF compression tool for Mac OS X. It adds performance improvements and bug fixes as well as a second compression method, which compresses bi-level images using the lossless CCITT Group 4 compression method used in Fax transmission. [780KB]
- Praeco 1.5 is an update to Desideratum's eBay auction tool for buyers and sellers, adding expanded searching options, more display customization, auction countdowns, encrypted bidding passwords, and workarounds for outstanding issues with the Mac OS X 10.2. [Classic, OSX]
- iDress 1.1 updates the company's $15 reporting application built on top of Jaguar's Address Book. The template-based solution can generate envelopes, Avery and Dymo formatted mailing labels, and custom stationery from Address Book records. Version 1.1 includes support for Single Address Selection and International Address Formatting as well as new template options. [4.6MB]
- Emailchemy 1.3.1 brings "critical bug" fixes for the QuickMail converter and other GUI improvements to the $25 utility that reads proprietary formats of the most popular email applications and converts them to standard formats. [317KB]