updated 11:40 am EDT, Mon October 7, 2002
Several updates are available on the Web, including AirPort 2.05 (for Mac OS X 10.15 only), 4D WebSTAR 5.2.1, Clarion 1.3, TextCleaner 2.1, and Weblet Zipcodes.
- Apple's AirPort 2.0.5 Updater for Mac OS X 10.1.5 is available via the Web (after AirPort 2.1.1 was released for Mac OS X 10.2.x Jaguar). It contains the latest snow (dual-Ethernet) base station firmware - v4.0.7 and improved PPPoE status within the Internet Connect application. [3.6MB]]
- 4D's WebSTAR 5.2.1 update is available online (as a 67MB download), although the changes are not documented the version history included with the document.
- Clarion 1.3 is a shareware ($10) music interval training/practice application. It has been rewritten from scratch as a native Cocoa Mac OS X application and features interval recognition with any synthesized instrument included with QuickTime, difficulty customization, and custom scales.
- Studio 405's Text Cleaner 2.1 is a $80 text preparation utility, adding QuarkXpress 5 compatibility, Mac OS X Classic support, updated Panorama Engine, additional DropClean Droplets, and expanded Copy & Paste (now limited by RAM). [4.1MB]
- Weblet ZipCodes, from Brian Dunning, provides either Lasso or CDML websites with the ability to perform zip code proximity searches. It includes the Zipwise 2002 Edition zip code database, which provides latitude, longitude, city, state, and more for over 49,000 current United States zip codes. Full and partial versions are available for $130 and $40, respectively. (Zipcodes FM provides similar functionality for FileMaker databases.)