updated 10:20 am EDT, Mon October 7, 2002
Several utilities and applications have been updated, including MadWave's Mac driver software, starTime reminder utility, TypeJet font utility, NI's instrument collection, Audiocorder, and WebPrint Plus for OS X.
- MadWaves has released both Classic and OS X versions of its drivers and software application for its MadPlayer interactive music device, which allows users to create, share, and mix music as well as listen to MP3/WMA Music (via SmartMedia) and FM music.
- Doug's AppleScripts has released Make Mine MPEG-4 v3.1, an AppleScript applet that automates the process of importing CD Tracks and encoding them as MPEG-4 files using QuickTime 6 Pro (tracks are subsequently added to the iTunes Library). [112KB]
- Pod2Go 0.3 is a freeware application that will download news and weather onto your iPod. It adds weather support for international cities, 10-day forecasts, and auto-syncing. It is available or OS X 10.2. [172KB]
- Cosmicsoft's starTime 1.51, a $15 shareware reminder utility that can launch applications and run macros or shell scripts is now compatible with Mac OS 10.2. [3.8MB]
- ArcaneWare's TypeJet 1.1.3 is an update to its $11 shareware font viewing utility, adding the ability to display font names along with the styled text, a new Classic version, and other enhancements. [Classic, OSX]
- Native Instruments has announced Reaktor Electronic Instruments Vol 1, a set of new instruments for Reaktor 3 sound studio, including three synthesizers, three unique effects, and a drum machine. It is due at the end of October for $70.
- MP3 Rage 5.3, an update to Chaotic Software's $25 set of MP3 tools for Mac OS 9 and X, can now eliminate duplicates in its catalog function, has improved handling for malformed ID3 tags, and has the ability to edit the 'compilation' tag used by iTunes. [2.0MB]
- The $20 shareware Audiocorder 3.5.0 adds AppleScript support, support for monophonic sound input devices (ie: Telex and Labtec USB microphones) a pause button, and a button to manually split a recording into individual tracks (ideal for breaking an album or CD into one track per song). It is available for both Mac OS 9 and OS X. [Classic, OSX]
- Stephen Becker's WebPrint Plus X 1.0 for OS X provides a set of universal tools for collecting, saving, printing, and editing information with the Mac that work in virtually any program. The $35 utility offers a built-in text editor, the ability to save/print styled text, drag & drop printing, and other features. [1.2MB]