updated 02:35 pm EDT, Tue April 30, 2002
Aspyr has offered updates on several of its games, including Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, The Sims Hot Date, and Harry Potter v1.01 update as well as a special promo on SpiderMan.
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is close to reaching final candidate status and that the company will begin accepting pre-orders later this week for $50. The game offers six missions with more than 30 levels, each with multiple objectives based on actual WWII scenarios.
- The $50 real-time strategy game Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds has reached final candidate status and Aspyr hopes it will be in duplication in the next two weeks. The first run will include a 16 page Prima Hint Book in the box. The complete Official Prima Strategy Guide will also be made available this week for $10.00.
- The Sims Hot Date Mac conversion has reached final candidate status. It features over 40 new one-on-one interactions, new characters to meet and date, and over 125 new items. The Sims: Hot Date Expansion Pack is $30.
- Harry Potter 1.0.1 addresses several issues, including the loss of video that happened in certain areas of the game better mouse control under OS X, and better compatibility with video cards with 16MB or less of VRAM. [update]
- Aspyr is also offering a special promo through May 5, offering the third-person action/adventure Spider-Man for $30 (plus shipping and handling), a $10 discount off the regular price. It s also shipping Livin' Large Prima Strategy Guide with every Livin' Large purchase through the end of April.
- As noted previously, Aspyr recently began shipping Return to Castle Wolfenstein, the highly anticipated first-person shooter for Mac OS 9/X. It is $50.