Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Flat sound, minimum clarity holds Dell's speaker back from being a good buy
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solutions. While consumers often compromise in battery life, design or sound, the sub-$100 market offers a wide array of choices. Computer builder Dell entered into the Bluetooth speaker market with a value model, looking to entice consumers with a long battery life and compact, minimal design. But is the Dell AD211 a good buy for consumers looking to get the most out of their money, or does it fail to meet modest expectations? Find out in our review.
Version 5.1 expected to be available by February, sources say
The latest version of Android, 5.0 Lollipop, has been experiencing a bit of a rocky road since its release, with version 5.0.1 already having been pushed out to address some of the issues. Rumors are surfacing that Lollipop 5.1 will be released in early 2015 -- however, some users may not be able to update until July, if ever.
CEO announces company's promotions have raised over $100 million since 2006
In a memo to all employees, Apple CEO Tim Cook has announced that the recent (Product) RED campaign, which ran through app upgrade purchases, in-store items and online accessories during the run-up to World AIDS Day on December 1 raised over $20 million, which will be seeded to the Global Fund. The group fights HIV/AIDS, malaria and other health threats largely in Africa and other impoverished areas. Cook said that the promotion has thus pushed Apple's total contribution to over $100 million since 2006.
Open and save documents faster with a utility that remembers where you go
If Apple has its way, then one day we will never save another document -- and we will never think about where it went. It will just be there when we want to open it again. That's nice. Until then, we open and save documents nearly as often as we check Facebook. Which makes it a shame that OS X rather fights us. You can open a document from this folder on that network drive and you can then save it on that folder on this USB stick, but it is a pain. Not much of a pain, let's not get carried away here, but try doing it twice and see how you feel. That's where Default Folder X comes in.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with Utah Senator Orrin Hatch - 10 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 7 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies