updated 09:20 am EDT, Thu September 23, 2010
Slew of new projectors with 3LCD tech
Epson has launched the world's first projectors that use 3LCD reflective technology. The technique is purported to deliver advanced video quality with higher contrast ratios, richer colors, smoother gradations between colors and enhanced black levels. The flagship PowerLite Pro Cinema 61000 can produce TV-like contrast as high as 1,000,000:1.
The Pro Cinema 31000 and Home Cinema 21000 also offer custom installers and high-end home theaters a less costly but still high 500,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.
Joining these are the PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 and 8700 UB. Both projectors are more traditional but still have aggressive contrast ratios of up to 50,000:1 and 200,000:1.
Another two models to make their debut today are the Pro Cinema 9350 and 9700 UB. The projectors come equipped with professional-level color tools, including ISF calibration and color isolation.
All the models include Epson's 200W Twin Optics Reflection Lamp for up to 5000 hours of lamp life; two HDMI 1.3 connections with Deep Color support; component video input, S-video input, composite video input, and VGA input; and a ceiling mount.
The Pro Cinema 9350, 9700 UB, and the PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 and 8700 UB will ship in late September. Meanwhile, the Pro Cinema 61000 and 31000 and Home Cinema 21000 will be available online and through dealers in December. Specific model pricing is not yet available.
|08/26||Hands On: Leef iBridge for iPhone,...|
|08/12||Hands On: SanDisk Dual USB Drive with...|
|08/09||Apple Music's dirty little secret:...|
|08/08||Opinion: Windows 10 good, MS customer...|
|05/19||Apple Watch: Watch OS 1.0.1 update...|
|06/02||Hands On: Acer Liquid X2 tri-SIM smartphone...|
|03/02||Google+ to split into Photos, Hangouts...|
|03/02||Panasonic Nubo camera surveils via...|
|03/02||Android Pay to serve as Google's answer...|
|03/02||Google confirms plans for MVNO wireless...|
|02/03||LG 34-inch UltraWide cut to $750|
|02/03||SanDisk Pixtor 64GB SDXC class 10 memory...|
|02/02||Crucial MX100 series 128GB SSD cut...|
|02/02||$200 off Promise Pegasus2 R4 8TB|
|01/30||$211 off Dell UltraSharp 34-inch WQHD...|
FREE Apple, iPhone and Mac Newsletter
We will not share your email address with anyone.
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies