updated 05:10 am EDT, Wed September 22, 2010
Standalone, or with iPhone to track blood glucose
Pharmaceutical company Sanofi-Aventis today launched its iBGStar hybrid medical device to monitor blood glucose levels that can also be plugged into an iPhone or an iPod touch. The iBGStar is USB-sized blood glucose monitor that works as a standalone monitor, or it can be used with the new iBGStar Diabetes Manager app. Users can download the app for free from the iTunes store early 2011, although the device itself still requires FDA 510(k) clearance.
The iBGStar standalone device has a screen, its own battery, and a 300-test memory like many other glucose meters on the market. However, where it differs is in its iPhone connectivity. When connected to an iPhone running the Diabetes Manager app, it automatically uploads the data stored on the iBGStar and tracks personal diabetes information. This allows users and their healthcare professional to analyse trends and variations helping diabetes suffers better control their illness. Sharing results is also easy, and users can quickly send their data electronically to their healthcare professional for review.
When it receives FDA approval as anticipated, the iBGStar will be available for purchase directly from Sanofi for an expected retail price of $80.
|05/19||Apple Watch: Watch OS 1.0.1 update...|
|04/28||The Feature Thief, part two: Final...|
|03/04||Apple in talks to add streaming HBO...|
|03/01||Huawei TalkBand B2 doubles as a Bluetooth...|
|02/25||Pointers: introducing Siri to your...|
|06/02||Hands On: Acer Liquid X2 tri-SIM smartphone...|
|03/02||Google+ to split into Photos, Hangouts...|
|03/02||Panasonic Nubo camera surveils via...|
|03/02||Android Pay to serve as Google's answer...|
|03/02||Google confirms plans for MVNO wireless...|
|02/03||LG 34-inch UltraWide cut to $750|
|02/03||SanDisk Pixtor 64GB SDXC class 10 memory...|
|02/02||Crucial MX100 series 128GB SSD cut...|
|02/02||$200 off Promise Pegasus2 R4 8TB|
|01/30||$211 off Dell UltraSharp 34-inch WQHD...|
FREE Apple, iPhone and Mac Newsletter
We will not share your email address with anyone.
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 8 replies