Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple's fastest iMac given a verdict
The 27-inch iMac is already a milestone for Apple through its inclusion of a truly greater-than-HD display, but the addition of Core i5 and Core i7 processors transforms it into a near powerhouse. This is the first iMac in recent memory to come close enough to Apple's workstations that it could replace one of them. Our review of the Core i5-equipped iMac will find out how close it comes to that goal and whether it's a worthwhile option for any other prospective Mac desktop owner.
Judge says Psystar clearly violated laws
Apple this week won a decisive victory in its lawsuit against clone maker Psystar. Judge William Alsup has ruled in a summary judgment that the Florida-based defendant had violated copyright laws, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) through creating and selling PCs with unauthorized copies of Mac OS X. By modifying the Mac OS X bootloader and kernel extensions to allow non-Apple hardware to run, Psystar has violated Apple's "exclusive right" to determine how and where Mac OS X runs, the judgment reads.
Apple has never been shy about funky ports -- first it was Apple Desktop Bus, and its own DIN-8 serial port. Following that came FireW ...Logitech Hyperion Fury mouse
Selecting the correct gaming mouse comes down to finding a device that balances the needs of a user with a price they can afford. Ofte ...Life n Soul BM211 Bluetooth speaker
Bluetooth speakers aren't only for listening to some music at the park or on a long bus ride, but can also be built with tablets in m ...
10 Most Discussed
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- Apple 'investigating' if leaked celebrity pics came from iCloud - 12 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 11 replies
- Security guards protest low wages, block Apple San Francisco store - 9 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- AT&T complains about unfairness of municipal broadband to FCC - 8 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- Rumor: iPhone 6 may support 150Mbps LTE-A - 7 replies