Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple TV update fixes hidden content
Apple in a rare weekend update released Apple TV 3.0.1. The firmware upgrade, accompanied by a support document, mends a flaw which made music, video and other content from "disappearing" until the Apple TV next syncs with its host iTunes computer. The company urges customers to apply the update "immediately" and suggests rebooting the Apple TV followed by checking for an update in the Settings menu.
Sonos' 1st speaker-equipped hub reviewed
Venturing into Sonos' world has historically been expensive and partly redundant: listeners have usually needed at least two pieces of equipment, and it isn't at all uncommon to see setups that cost over $1,000. The ZonePlayer S5 aims to fix this with a single-piece $399 speaker and receiver that relies on what you already have -- such as a computer or an iPod touch -- to provide its multi-room audio. Our full S5 review will let you know whether the drop in cost is a better bargain.
Suggests Apple frowns on iPhone gaming
id Software co-founder John Carmack has described working with Apple as a "rollercoaster ride" in a new interview, arguing that Apple executives are not happy with the increasing popularity of the iPhone and iPod touch as a gaming platform. Carmack -- responsible for Doom, Quake and other titles -- has spent several years working with Apple in order to get games such as Doom Classic onto the App Store.
Drag and swipe features fail to work
In spite of the relative newness of the Magic Mouse, some complaints have begun emerging on Apple's support forums. Anticipated drag and swipe functions are sometimes said to be failing, leaving only regular click commands available. When the special wireless mouse software is applied, a Mac may still fail to detect a Magic Mouse.
Zune 4.3 firmware arrives
Microsoft wrapped up the week with a significant firmware update to the Zune HD. The 4.3 patch sets the groundwork for upcoming 3D games and apps while also improving the web experience. Web browsing is now much faster and has the option of forcing it to show desktop websites and a better tap-to-zoom feature.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 13 replies
- FCC redefines broadband speeds as 25Mbps downloads, 3Mbps uploads - 11 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Repatriation bill offers tax break for US return of foreign profits - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 10 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies
- Apple sees one billionth iOS device shipped, China sales explode - 8 replies