toggle

AAPL Stock: 118.7 ( + 1.1 )

Printed from http://www.macnn.com

Apple Europe head credits multiple channels for Q4 growth

updated 04:50 pm EDT, Wed October 21, 2009

European growth outstrips global figures

A multi-channel strategy is at least partly responsible for Apple's high fourth-quarter growth in Europe, says Pascal Cagni, Apple's general manager and VP for Europe, Africa, the Middle East and India. Whereas growth was 20 percent in the Americas and 25 percent worldwide, combined European revenues advanced 45 percent. Some $2.491 billion was accumulated in the region, as compared to the $4.297 billion produced in the Americas.

Cagni notes that while computer penetration is shallower in Europe, Apple has a multi-channel approach to sales. The company is opening new official outlets in countries such as Germany, Switzerland and Italy, as well as the United Kingdom, where it is about to open a 23rd location. Apple has also expanded to support 43 premium resellers, up to 40 in-line merchandisers, and a number of store-within-a-store outlets. The UK alone has over 120 "high quality" points of sale, according to Cagni.

Also said to be helping in Europe is a greater control of marketshare, over 20 to 25 percent on average, and a 35 percent increase in worldwide MacBook sales. Back-to-school promotions are further described as being an "immense success" this year.




by MacNN Staff

POST TOOLS:

TAGS :

toggle

Comments

  1. Feathers

    Joined: Dec 1969

    +1

    High Quality

    Uh... the Apple section in PCWorld couldn't be described as "High Quality" ! Natch!

Login Here

Not a member of the MacNN forums? Register now for free.

toggle

Network Headlines

toggle

Most Popular

MacNN Sponsor

Recent Reviews

IDrive cloud backup and sync service

There are a lot of cloud services out there, and nearly all of them can be used for backing up key files and folders. A few dedicated ...

Plantronics BackBeat Pro Bluetooth headphones

Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...

MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD

Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...

toggle

Most Commented