Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Verizon ad campaign to attack Apple
Verizon today sent signals that it's about to launch an aggressive campaign against Apple through a combination of marketing and devices. A leaked note regarding an upcoming ad series, nicknamed "iDoesn't," specifically targets the "iDevice" and will allegedly focus on all the features the iPhone doesn't have. The details Engadget sees are vague regarding the ads themselves but do mention that Verizon will keep branding to a minimum.
Samsung's AMOLED Verizon phone reviewed
The Samsung Rogue is evidence of the lines blurring between smartphones and conventional ("feature") phones, with an OLED touchscreen, ample hardware and a focus on messaging. But with a price tag very much in the ballpark of true smartphones like the iPhone and higher-end BlackBerries, is the Rogue a viable contender or the product of overengineering? Our full Rogue review addresses this in detail.
ITC finds Nokia not violating 3G patents
The US International Trade Commission (ITC) tonight exonerated Nokia by ending an investigation into claims by InterDigital that Nokia had violated its patents. The government agency has confirmed an initial decision by an Administrative Law Judge that said Nokia's use of UMTS-based 3G doesn't violate four InterDigital technology patents. Additionally, the ITC has rejected the portion of the judge's ruling that had originally found the patents valid and has denied InterDigital a chance to claim further patent violations.
Having Internet access in hotels and other similar locations used to be a miasma of connectivity issues. If Wi-Fi was available, it wa ...Ooma Office small business VoIP
Voice over IP (VoIP) services have been around for a very long time. Only recently has the implementation become a bit more robust, al ...STM Folio for iPad Air
For professional use, the iPad is something of a strange beast. It's more work-friendly than a smartphone obviously, but still not a ...
10 Most Discussed
- Eich's Mozilla departure induces bilateral criticism, Firefox bans - 39 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Email from Jobs in 2010 lays out future vision - 13 replies
- Brendan Eich steps down at Mozilla Foundation, no successor named - 13 replies
- Critical OpenSSL 'HeartBleed' bug uncovered, affects HTTPS encryption - 11 replies
- Images: Apple takes wraps off stunning new Istanbul store - 10 replies
- Apple opens first store in Turkey to hoopla, press, long lineups - 9 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Apple almost ditched ad firm in view of Samsung's Next Big Thing ads - 8 replies
- Campaign calls for ouster of Condoleezza Rice from Dropbox board - 8 replies