Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
CatDV 8.0 released
Square Box Systems has released v8.0 of its CatDV. The application is used to log video files and manage other forms of media. The latest version incorporates a refined interface that features the ability to browse files both on the file system and on the server without opening the files in a catalog. The update also provides support to XDCAM, MXF, MPEG, and PDF files and features performance enhancements including logging tools, subtitling tools, and when communicating with the CatDV Server.
Alien Shooter 2 for Mac
Virtual Programming has announced Alien Shooter 2, a sequel to the arcade-style space-age shooter game. The first Alien shooter game has players defending against an onslaught of enemies, and forces players to eliminate all aliens within the facility. The sequel picks up where the first one leaves off delivering a mix of action and RPG elements, with multiple paths that players can take to reach their final goal. Alien Shooter 2 adds the ability for players to now upgrade their character, and provides lots of additional quests.
MS Store designs leaked
Layout designs of Microsoft's upcoming retail stores have been leaked in a PowerPoint Presentation. According to Gizmodo, the presentation was drafted by Lippicott, a "design and brand strategy" consultant firm reportedly hired by Microsoft to help further the concept and design of the stores. The leak indicates Microsoft will be borrowing elements from other retailers such as the Apple Store and Sony Style. The stores will center around Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7, Xbox, PCTV, and Windows Mobile.
AKVIS Enhancer 10
AKVIS has launched version 10 of Enhancer, one of its image improvement tools. The application consists of several different modes which are used to help alter and improve the visible detail in a picture. The new update provides an additional Smart Correction mode, which brings the apps current number of usable modes up-to 4. With the Smart Correction mode users are able to correct and improve the tone of images in either the entire photo, a specific area.
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Microsoft rolls out major update of OneNote for iPad, iPhone, Mac - 10 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies