Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MS Silverlight 3 released
Microsoft has released Silverlight 3, a new release of its multimedia software for Web. The software is available for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows. Version 3 of new version of software, designed only for Intel-based Macs, offers better performance, GPU acceleration, tools to run on the desktop, and support for higher quality audio and video, including native H.264/Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) Audio, live and on-demand IIS7 Smooth Streaming, full HD (720p+) playback, and an extensible decoder pipeline. For developers, it new 3D graphics, animation features, hardware accelerated effects and text improvements to enable designers and developers to create next generation Web visuals.
Mac Video Converter Family
iFunia has released the Mac Video Converter Family , a series of video conversion applications for the Mac, iPhone, and other devices that allows users to convert between 40 video formats; the application also includes various video-editing features such as video cropping, trimming, and merging multiple video clips. It supports the latest video formats along with high-definition video and flash video.
ClearCal anti-glare film
RadTech has launched the latest of its MacBook accessories, the ClearCal anti-glare film for glossy displays. ClearCal is designed to protect the users screen from dirt, dust and scratches, while reducing glare on glossy glass displays when outdoors or in brightly lit environments. The film combines a 2-mil anti-reflection layer with a 3-mil flexible transparent base, and when bonded to the glass computer screen, is capable of helping hide scratches and marks.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies