Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Casper Suite 7 update
JAMF Software has announced Casper Suite 7, an update to its client-management platform designed to inventory, image, update, and maintain Mac computers. The software provides a framework to enforce software licensing compliance, security standards, energy usage or other organizational rules and requirements. New features includes the ability to track an application`s use on a per-machine basis, along with licensed software templates, improved directory-binding support, enhanced iPhone functionality, and tools enabling drive partitioning and Boot Camp when imaging.
ProtoShare beta app viewer
Site9 has announced a beta version of its Native iPhone Prototype viewer, enabling developers to interact with their apps for testing. The viewer negates the traditional flash viewers, instead utilizing HTML code. The web-based app provides a container to hold an application's wireframes during app construction. The container is then uploaded to the Protoshare server and accessible using Safari on the iPhone, making the prototype application function like a regular app.
Paradigma ships 2.4 apps
Paradigma Software has released Valentina DB 4.2, Valentina ODBC and Valentina Reports 4.2. Valentina DB is an object-relational database management system that features the ability to switch between a local embedded database and a server while using the same sources. The software features improvements to several functions including recursive SQL queries, allowing users to work with ancestors in hierarchical data. The database can also be configured to pool queries and utilize diagnostic tools with pool queries. The update includes PHP data objects, used for developing web applications for Valentina Server.
Snowtape 1.1 ships
Vemedio has launched the first major upgrade to its Internet-radio recording software, Snowtape 1.1. Snowtape allows users to locate and record music from streaming radio stations, then add artwork to the files and export the content as AAC files to iTunes. Version 1.1 adds an online radio directory with automatic additions of new stations as they become available. The directory already has 750 radio stations in its database.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies