Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Casper Suite 7 update
JAMF Software has announced Casper Suite 7, an update to its client-management platform designed to inventory, image, update, and maintain Mac computers. The software provides a framework to enforce software licensing compliance, security standards, energy usage or other organizational rules and requirements. New features includes the ability to track an application`s use on a per-machine basis, along with licensed software templates, improved directory-binding support, enhanced iPhone functionality, and tools enabling drive partitioning and Boot Camp when imaging.
ProtoShare beta app viewer
Site9 has announced a beta version of its Native iPhone Prototype viewer, enabling developers to interact with their apps for testing. The viewer negates the traditional flash viewers, instead utilizing HTML code. The web-based app provides a container to hold an application's wireframes during app construction. The container is then uploaded to the Protoshare server and accessible using Safari on the iPhone, making the prototype application function like a regular app.
Paradigma ships 2.4 apps
Paradigma Software has released Valentina DB 4.2, Valentina ODBC and Valentina Reports 4.2. Valentina DB is an object-relational database management system that features the ability to switch between a local embedded database and a server while using the same sources. The software features improvements to several functions including recursive SQL queries, allowing users to work with ancestors in hierarchical data. The database can also be configured to pool queries and utilize diagnostic tools with pool queries. The update includes PHP data objects, used for developing web applications for Valentina Server.
Snowtape 1.1 ships
Vemedio has launched the first major upgrade to its Internet-radio recording software, Snowtape 1.1. Snowtape allows users to locate and record music from streaming radio stations, then add artwork to the files and export the content as AAC files to iTunes. Version 1.1 adds an online radio directory with automatic additions of new stations as they become available. The directory already has 750 radio stations in its database.
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- President Obama voices support for Title II reclassification of ISPs - 9 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies