Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Casper Suite 7 update
JAMF Software has announced Casper Suite 7, an update to its client-management platform designed to inventory, image, update, and maintain Mac computers. The software provides a framework to enforce software licensing compliance, security standards, energy usage or other organizational rules and requirements. New features includes the ability to track an application`s use on a per-machine basis, along with licensed software templates, improved directory-binding support, enhanced iPhone functionality, and tools enabling drive partitioning and Boot Camp when imaging.
ProtoShare beta app viewer
Site9 has announced a beta version of its Native iPhone Prototype viewer, enabling developers to interact with their apps for testing. The viewer negates the traditional flash viewers, instead utilizing HTML code. The web-based app provides a container to hold an application's wireframes during app construction. The container is then uploaded to the Protoshare server and accessible using Safari on the iPhone, making the prototype application function like a regular app.
Paradigma ships 2.4 apps
Paradigma Software has released Valentina DB 4.2, Valentina ODBC and Valentina Reports 4.2. Valentina DB is an object-relational database management system that features the ability to switch between a local embedded database and a server while using the same sources. The software features improvements to several functions including recursive SQL queries, allowing users to work with ancestors in hierarchical data. The database can also be configured to pool queries and utilize diagnostic tools with pool queries. The update includes PHP data objects, used for developing web applications for Valentina Server.
Snowtape 1.1 ships
Vemedio has launched the first major upgrade to its Internet-radio recording software, Snowtape 1.1. Snowtape allows users to locate and record music from streaming radio stations, then add artwork to the files and export the content as AAC files to iTunes. Version 1.1 adds an online radio directory with automatic additions of new stations as they become available. The directory already has 750 radio stations in its database.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies