Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Casper Suite 7 update
JAMF Software has announced Casper Suite 7, an update to its client-management platform designed to inventory, image, update, and maintain Mac computers. The software provides a framework to enforce software licensing compliance, security standards, energy usage or other organizational rules and requirements. New features includes the ability to track an application`s use on a per-machine basis, along with licensed software templates, improved directory-binding support, enhanced iPhone functionality, and tools enabling drive partitioning and Boot Camp when imaging.
ProtoShare beta app viewer
Site9 has announced a beta version of its Native iPhone Prototype viewer, enabling developers to interact with their apps for testing. The viewer negates the traditional flash viewers, instead utilizing HTML code. The web-based app provides a container to hold an application's wireframes during app construction. The container is then uploaded to the Protoshare server and accessible using Safari on the iPhone, making the prototype application function like a regular app.
Paradigma ships 2.4 apps
Paradigma Software has released Valentina DB 4.2, Valentina ODBC and Valentina Reports 4.2. Valentina DB is an object-relational database management system that features the ability to switch between a local embedded database and a server while using the same sources. The software features improvements to several functions including recursive SQL queries, allowing users to work with ancestors in hierarchical data. The database can also be configured to pool queries and utilize diagnostic tools with pool queries. The update includes PHP data objects, used for developing web applications for Valentina Server.
Snowtape 1.1 ships
Vemedio has launched the first major upgrade to its Internet-radio recording software, Snowtape 1.1. Snowtape allows users to locate and record music from streaming radio stations, then add artwork to the files and export the content as AAC files to iTunes. Version 1.1 adds an online radio directory with automatic additions of new stations as they become available. The directory already has 750 radio stations in its database.
The search for a good messenger bag that doubles as a laptop bag is something many travelers find themselves facing at least once. Bet ...PenClic Bluetooth mouse
Windows 8 aside, computer users have been trained that a mouse is the proper way to navigate through the desktop for many years now. T ...Booqpad for iPad Air
Before we get rolling, I'll confess: I've never understood the purpose of cases like the Booqpad. If you've got a tablet, surely p ...
10 Most Discussed
- Mayer: Yahoo should be Apple's default search engine - 19 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Revealed: Samsung misled investors, pundits with shipments vs. sales - 8 replies
- Campaign calls for ouster of Condoleezza Rice from Dropbox board - 8 replies
- Apple announces historic 7:1 stock split, increases buyback program - 8 replies
- NSA denies using Heartbleed security flaw in intelligence gathering - 7 replies
- Cook: iPad sales actually better than expected, figures are misleading - 7 replies
- Image shows first alleged iPhone 6 cases - 6 replies
- Apple buys hydroelectric facility to help power Prineville data center - 6 replies