Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Win 7 removes app limit
Microsoft late yesterday confirmed that the final version of Windows 7 Starter Edition will not be limited to opening three applications at a time. This follows claims by observer and author Paul Thurrott, that the limit would be removed, though it doesn't appear to include allow changing wallpapers. The change is intended to improve the flexibility of netbooks, the company says.
Juice Pack Air Review
Battery packs for iPhones often dramatically extend the useful lifetime of Apple's devices, but they also add considerable bulk and rarely feel like natural extensions of the iPhone itself. Mophie wants to change this with the Juice Pack Air; we'll see in our full Juice Pack Air review not only whether it accomplishes its intended goals but whether it or the original Juice Pack is the better choice.
PSP Go Leak
(Updated with PR shots) A leak Saturday morning on Sony's own PlayStation forums has confirmed major details of the PSP Go now expected to debut at E3. Spotted in a Qore episode slipped out early, the device is as rumored and switches to a slider design that renders it much more portable. It now also has 16GB of internal memory (plus a card slot) that gives it a much greater role as a media player and signals a shift to download-only PSP games; the PSP Go drops the UMD drive entirely.
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...Logitech Z213 multimedia speakers
Desktop computer speakers sit in a weird area of limbo: many consumers have forgone the era of desktop listening for the privacy and v ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- Opinion: Why the Apple iWatch will succeed (Part 1) - 17 replies
- Opinion: Hachette and Amazon fight, who loses? - 12 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Judge rejects proposed $324.5M anti-poaching case settlement - 11 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies
- Disney latest victim of Amazon DVD pre-order denial - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies