Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Bacterial Orchestra event
The creators of the Bacterial Orchestra - Public Epidemic No. 1 iPhone app are planning to put the application to the test at an event they have organized in Uppsala, Sweden. The application enables a group of iPhones to interact and create music in real time, using sounds each phone picks up from its surrounding environment. Each phone records sound and plays it back through its speaker. The "self-organized" music integrates the unison and rhythm from each iPhone.
Windows 7 box images real?
CentrumXP has released supposed leaked images of the Windows 7 retail boxes, according to ars technica. The boxes appear to be a combination of XP and Vista boxes, an indication of Microsoft's aim to make Windows 7 a culmination of the best parts of its predecessors.
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies