Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iMac Firmware Update 1.4
Apple today released an iMac Firmware Update 1.4 to resolve some outstanding issues with certain models freezing and another issue with Bootcamp, Apple's technology for allowing users to run Windows on Mac. According to Apple's documentation, the update fixes intermittent system freeze issues for iMac computers with ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics and fixes wake-from-sleep issues in Boot Camp. Readers report that the iMac freezes occur in a wide variety of applications--and even when not running Mac OS X (such as Bootcamp) and that typical troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue.
BBerry Curve 8520 Leak
RIM's Gemini smartphone has evolved from a minor variant on the Curve 8900 into a significant evolution of the BlackBerry line as a whole, a photo shows. Now called the BlackBerry Curve 8520, the phone is shown by CrackBerry to have entirely dropped the BlackBerry's distinctive trackball in favor of an optical trackpad that requires only touch to use. It also gets a rubberized grip on the edges, including the buttons, and has dedicated media controls at the top.
Verizon Free Wi-Fi Leak
Verizon in a new leak believed close to offering free Wi-Fi access of its own. While talks are described as "fluid," the Wall Street Journal says the cellular carrier will echo AT&T's efforts and team up with hotspot provider Boingo to give Wi-Fi service at airports, coffee shops and other locations for those who use Verizon's DSL or FiOS landline connections. It's not yet certain whether this would extend to everywhere Boingo provides service in the US or just locations that are served by Verizon as well.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies