Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iMac Firmware Update 1.4
Apple today released an iMac Firmware Update 1.4 to resolve some outstanding issues with certain models freezing and another issue with Bootcamp, Apple's technology for allowing users to run Windows on Mac. According to Apple's documentation, the update fixes intermittent system freeze issues for iMac computers with ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics and fixes wake-from-sleep issues in Boot Camp. Readers report that the iMac freezes occur in a wide variety of applications--and even when not running Mac OS X (such as Bootcamp) and that typical troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue.
BBerry Curve 8520 Leak
RIM's Gemini smartphone has evolved from a minor variant on the Curve 8900 into a significant evolution of the BlackBerry line as a whole, a photo shows. Now called the BlackBerry Curve 8520, the phone is shown by CrackBerry to have entirely dropped the BlackBerry's distinctive trackball in favor of an optical trackpad that requires only touch to use. It also gets a rubberized grip on the edges, including the buttons, and has dedicated media controls at the top.
Verizon Free Wi-Fi Leak
Verizon in a new leak believed close to offering free Wi-Fi access of its own. While talks are described as "fluid," the Wall Street Journal says the cellular carrier will echo AT&T's efforts and team up with hotspot provider Boingo to give Wi-Fi service at airports, coffee shops and other locations for those who use Verizon's DSL or FiOS landline connections. It's not yet certain whether this would extend to everywhere Boingo provides service in the US or just locations that are served by Verizon as well.
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies
- NPD: Large-screen smartphone owners use 44 percent more data - 5 replies