Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iMac Firmware Update 1.4
Apple today released an iMac Firmware Update 1.4 to resolve some outstanding issues with certain models freezing and another issue with Bootcamp, Apple's technology for allowing users to run Windows on Mac. According to Apple's documentation, the update fixes intermittent system freeze issues for iMac computers with ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics and fixes wake-from-sleep issues in Boot Camp. Readers report that the iMac freezes occur in a wide variety of applications--and even when not running Mac OS X (such as Bootcamp) and that typical troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue.
BBerry Curve 8520 Leak
RIM's Gemini smartphone has evolved from a minor variant on the Curve 8900 into a significant evolution of the BlackBerry line as a whole, a photo shows. Now called the BlackBerry Curve 8520, the phone is shown by CrackBerry to have entirely dropped the BlackBerry's distinctive trackball in favor of an optical trackpad that requires only touch to use. It also gets a rubberized grip on the edges, including the buttons, and has dedicated media controls at the top.
Verizon Free Wi-Fi Leak
Verizon in a new leak believed close to offering free Wi-Fi access of its own. While talks are described as "fluid," the Wall Street Journal says the cellular carrier will echo AT&T's efforts and team up with hotspot provider Boingo to give Wi-Fi service at airports, coffee shops and other locations for those who use Verizon's DSL or FiOS landline connections. It's not yet certain whether this would extend to everywhere Boingo provides service in the US or just locations that are served by Verizon as well.
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple tipsters claim Apple electric minivan in the works - 12 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 10 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies
- Apple investing $1.9 billion in two new European data centers - 7 replies