Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iMac Firmware Update 1.4
Apple today released an iMac Firmware Update 1.4 to resolve some outstanding issues with certain models freezing and another issue with Bootcamp, Apple's technology for allowing users to run Windows on Mac. According to Apple's documentation, the update fixes intermittent system freeze issues for iMac computers with ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics and fixes wake-from-sleep issues in Boot Camp. Readers report that the iMac freezes occur in a wide variety of applications--and even when not running Mac OS X (such as Bootcamp) and that typical troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue.
BBerry Curve 8520 Leak
RIM's Gemini smartphone has evolved from a minor variant on the Curve 8900 into a significant evolution of the BlackBerry line as a whole, a photo shows. Now called the BlackBerry Curve 8520, the phone is shown by CrackBerry to have entirely dropped the BlackBerry's distinctive trackball in favor of an optical trackpad that requires only touch to use. It also gets a rubberized grip on the edges, including the buttons, and has dedicated media controls at the top.
Verizon Free Wi-Fi Leak
Verizon in a new leak believed close to offering free Wi-Fi access of its own. While talks are described as "fluid," the Wall Street Journal says the cellular carrier will echo AT&T's efforts and team up with hotspot provider Boingo to give Wi-Fi service at airports, coffee shops and other locations for those who use Verizon's DSL or FiOS landline connections. It's not yet certain whether this would extend to everywhere Boingo provides service in the US or just locations that are served by Verizon as well.
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Xiaomi looking to overtake Apple, Samsung in the next 10 years - 9 replies
- Watchmakers issue cease-and-desists to smartwatch face creators - 9 replies